Nursing careers are evolving in new and exciting directions - from hospitals to community clinics, from home care to family care, from mental health to occupational health, and from hands-on care to public education, administration and research.
Let SIAST open the door for you.
- Choose from one of the most extensive portfolios of nursing and health programs - nursing degree, practical nursing, psychiatric nursing, nurse practitioner, critical care nursing, perioperative nursing, occupational health and safety practitioner, and more.
- The new Saskatchewan Collaborative Bachelor of Science in Nursing program is a powerful partnership between SIAST and the University of Regina - one that will prepare you for the future in health care.
- Small class sizes mean more one-on-one interaction with faculty. High-tech simulation learning centres use near-life scenarios to give you hands-on practice. Clinical practice placements will take you and your new nursing skills into the real world.
- Our student-centred focus sets you up for success - more than 85% of SIAST Nursing graduates get job offers either before or immediately following graduation. And we invite you to come back to lifelong learning with continuing education and distance learning opportunities.
More career choices, more learning opportunities.
SIAST is recognized across Canada as an innovator in nursing education. Our programs continue to evolve to reflect new opportunities and directions. Explore our programs and discover:
- More career choices. SIAST has one of the most extensive portfolios of nursing programs in Western Canada. Choose from more than a dozen programs including practical nursing, psychiatric nursing, nurse practitioner, occupational health and safety practitioner, and more.
- More learning opportunities. The new Saskatchewan Collaborative Bachelor of Science in Nursing program is a student-centred, practice-focused degree program delivered through a partnership between SIAST and the University of Regina.
- More relevance. Our programs are designed with input from the health care profession, which means your education matches real-world needs and opportunities. We prepare you to play a lead role in interprofessional health care teams.
- More access. We are a pioneer in distance learning, from print to online, giving you multiple ways to access our programs and courses.
Discover your options. Create your own personal profile at myChoice and get information directly related to your career goals. Apply online to the program of your choice - and be sure to check out PLAR to see if your previous life and work experiences count.
SIAST offers an excellent Scholarships, Bursaries and Awards program for nursing students. And don't forget to check out the Ministry of Health Saskatchewan Health Bursary Program for additional awards.