Develop a working knowledge of the Canada Green Building Council’s (CaGBC) LEED® Canada for New Construction Rating System 2009 (LEED®-NC 2009). Building Green with LEED®: LEED® Canada for New Construction Rating System 2009 is an intensive semester-long course intended to provide a comprehensive technical exploration of the LEED® Canada for New Construction Version 2009 Green and will help support students who wish to take the LEED® Professional Accreditation Exam. Understanding LEED® Canada-NC 2009 is an important step for any building professional in creating sustainable environments and achieving superior economic performance.
Upon completion of this course students will be prepared to:
- demonstrate technical proficiency with the specific requirements of the LEED® Canada NC Rating System 2009
- understand the interaction of these requirements through practical application
- recognize the synergies between specific green building strategies
- work collaboratively within an integrated design process to implement these strategies
- perform cost-benefit analyses of green building strategies to calculate simple paybacks
- grasp the limitations of design and the practical application of the Rating System
- utilize the LEED® Letter Templates and other tools to develop certification documentation
- consider writing the LEED® Accredited Professional Exam
This course supports those who choose to write the LEED® Green Associate exam but does not guarantee a student will pass the GBCI exam.
Check back soon for course offering dates.