This hands-on course for women offers an introduction to a variety of basic trade skills. Course content includes Automotive Servicing, Building Systems, Carpentry, Machine Shop and Welding. Upon successful completion of the course, you are issued a statement of attendance.
The course provides women with:
- increased post-secondary training/education and employment potential in trades
- the opportunity to explore training options in a variety of trades
- a realistic understanding of the physical, emotional and academic requirements of training/education and employment in trades
Shop sessions include:
- Welding - you will learn to assemble and tack weld steel, use assorted shaping methods, as well as use clearning, finishing and cutting tools
- Automotive servicing - you will learn to perform a variety of vehicle checks as well as an oil and filter change
- Carpentry - you will learn how to frame and erect a wall, repair a hole in drywall and apply sheathing and drywall
- Machining - you will learn to use tap and die, cutting, drilling and grinding tools
- Building systems - you will learn basic plumbing tasks
Check back soon for course offering dates.