Building Green with LEED®
Now called LEED Green Building Strategies and Green Associate exam preparation, this course has been approved for 36 GBCI CE LEED-specific hours and meets all prescriptive requirements for LEED AP with BD+C.
Learn core concepts and strategies to reduce the environmental impact of the built environment in Canada. This course highlights how these core concepts and strategies can be used in various LEED® rating systems. Core Concepts and Strategies is an intensive semester-long (36-hour) course intended to provide a comprehensive overview of techniques, approaches, materials and technologies used in creating greener buildings and communities. It will provide an introductory level of familiarity with the Rating System but should not be construed as a study prep course for those students who wish to take the LEED® Professional Accreditation Exam. However, an additional module has been created to support students that wish to take the Green Associate exam.
Upon completion of this course you will be prepared to:
- understand the imperative for a green transformation of our built environment
- explain the key components of the LEED® rating system
- apply core concepts and strategies to achieve success using the LEED® rating system
- determine where different LEED® rating systems can be applied
This course benefits students, trades and all professionals looking to demonstrate knowledge in green building issues. No previous experience is required. On completion of this course, students that wish to write the GBCI exams for LEED® accreditation should visit the GBCI website for information, fees and instructions.
This course supports those who choose to write the LEED® Green Associate exam but does not guarantee a student will pass the GBCI exam. The student tuition fee for the ‘Building Green with LEED® Course does not entitle the student to write either LEED® accreditation exam without paying the exam fees.
SIAST is an approved CaGBC Higher Education program provider with Canada’s Green Building Council. For more information, contact Rod Stutt at 306-691-8399 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Develop a working knowledge of the Canada Green Building Council’s (CaGBC) LEED® Canada for New Construction Rating System 2009 (LEED®-NC 2009). Building Green with LEED®: LEED® Canada for New Construction Rating System 2009 is an intensive semester-long course intended to provide a comprehensive technical exploration of the LEED® Canada for New Construction Version 2009 Green and will help support students who wish to take the LEED® Professional Accreditation Exam. Understanding LEED® Canada-NC 2009 is an important step for any building professional in creating sustainable environments and achieving superior economic performance.
Upon completion of this course students will be prepared to:
- demonstrate technical proficiency with the specific requirements of the LEED® Canada NC Rating System 2009
- understand the interaction of these requirements through practical application
- recognize the synergies between specific green building strategies
- work collaboratively within an integrated design process to implement these strategies
- perform cost-benefit analyses of green building strategies to calculate simple paybacks
- grasp the limitations of design and the practical application of the Rating System
- utilize the LEED® Letter Templates and other tools to develop certification documentation
- consider writing the LEED® Accredited Professional Exam
This course supports those who choose to write the LEED® Green Associate exam but does not guarantee a student will pass the GBCI exam.
Check back soon for course offering dates.