Career Enhancement Programs
SIAST's Career Enhancement programs provide the tools you need to reach your employment goals. You will participate in the most current computer, job search and workplace essential skills training, while exploring career options in a supportive classroom setting. You will also network with potential employers and select a workplace training site to gain valuable hands-on experience.
Classroom training includes:
- Computer courses in basic computer operation using Windows 7; Microsoft Office 10: Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint; and Keyboarding
- Self assessment and goal setting activities
- Skills training for job success including essential and employability skills, communication, problem solving and teamwork skills
- Job search tools including resume, cover letter and portfolio development
Students work on-site with local employers in exchange for training, skills development, networking and employment opportunities.
SIAST Wascana Campus Career Enhancement Programs (20 weeks):
- January 6, 2014 - May 23, 3014 (Career Development and Essential Skills programs)
- March 31, 2014 - August 15, 2014 (Essential Skills program)
- April 7, 2014 - August 7, 2014 (Career Development program)
SIAST Woodland Campus Career Enhancement Programs (12 weeks):
- information session on November 29, 2013 at SIAST Woodland Campus
- 2014 programs TBA