Women in Trades and Technology (WITT)
Is it time for you to start planning for the career of your future? Have you always wanted to work with tools but haven't had the opportunity? Are you interested in technology but haven't had a chance to really try it out? Are you interested in investigating a career in a trade or technology field?
This hands-on course for women offers an introduction to a variety of basic trade skills. Course content includes Automotive Servicing, Carpentry, Electrical, Machining, Plumbing, and Welding (Sheet Metal and Masonry included at Saskatoon Kelsey Campus only).Upon successful completion of the course, you are issued a statement of attendance. The course provides women with: increased post-secondary training/education and employment potential in trades the opportunity to explore training options in a variety of trades a realistic understanding of the physical, emotional and academic requirements of training/education and employment in trades Shop sessions include:
- Welding - you will learn to assemble and tack weld steel, use assorted shaping methods, as well as use cleaning, finishing and cutting tools
- Automotive servicing - you will learn to perform a variety of vehicle checks as well as an oil and filter change
- Carpentry - you will learn how to frame and erect a wall, repair a hole in drywall and apply sheathing and drywall
- Electrical - you will learn basic electrical tasks
- Machining - you will learn to use tap and die, cutting, drilling and grinding tools
- Plumbing - you will learn basic plumbing tasks
CSA Approved Steel Toed Safety boots are required for this course For more information about SIAST Wascana Campus classes in Regina contact Jessica Baldwin at email@example.com or 306-775-7427 and for SIAST Kelsey Campus classes in Saskatoon contact Devin West at firstname.lastname@example.org or 306-659-4863.
|CRN: 201402-5388||September 18, 2014 - October 25, 2014|
Introduction Class: Sept. 18th 7:00pm-9:00pm, Class: Saturday - 9:00am-4:00pm, No class October 11, 2014
Registration Deadline: September 26, 2014
|CRN: 201402-5389||October 18, 2014 - November 2, 2014|
Class: Saturday and Sunday - 9:00am-4:00pm
Registration Deadline: October 17, 2014