School of Nursing
SIAST-educated nurses are known for their high standards of practice, ethical behaviour, acceptance of diversity and skilful compassion. After all, they’ve been trained by the best. With 16 innovative programs, our school boasts 220 nationally recognized faculty and staff who’ll help prepare you for gratifying careers as registered nurses, nurse practitioners, registered psychiatric nurses, licensed practical nurses, diabetes educators and more.
Face time with faculty. Small class sizes afford plenty of one-to-one interaction with faculty. These experienced nurses and health-care practitioners go beyond textbooks to help you develop essential skills such as critical thinking, communicating and caring.
Prepare for real-life situations. Prior to clinical practice placements, you’ll build your confidence in simulation learning centres, complete with high-tech mannequins, hospital and assessment rooms, video cameras and control rooms.
Earn a degree. The Saskatchewan Collaborative Bachelor of Science in Nursing program is offered jointly by SIAST and the University of Regina and can be completed in three or four years. The Bachelor of Psychiatric Nursing degree completion program gives grads of SIAST’s Psychiatric Nursing diploma program the opportunity to earn a psychiatric nursing degree in two years. And starting in the fall of 2014, SIAST and the University of Regina will welcome the first intake of students into the Collaborative Nurse Practitioner Program, which leads to the Master’s of Nursing (Nurse Practitioner) degree.
Flexible learning. We realize that on-campus programs aren’t always convenient. That’s why many of our programs and courses are offered through distance education and in communities throughout the province.
- Bachelor of Psychiatric Nursing
- Collaborative Nurse Practitioner Program
- Saskatchewan Collaborative Bachelor of Science in Nursing
- Critical Care Nursing
- Diabetes Education for Health Care Professionals
- Perioperative Nursing/LPN
- Perioperative Nursing/RN
- Primary Care Nurse Practitioner
- Diabetes Education for Health Care Providers
- Nursing Re-entry
- Orientation to Nursing in Canada for Internationally Educated Nurses
- Practical Nurse Re-entry
- Psychiatric Nursing Re-entry
Nursing continuing education
- Exam preparation
- Diabetes education courses
- Mental health courses
- Practical Nursing Certificate to Diploma
- All courses - alphabetical listing